II. Controlling and Protecting Your Privacy
- Personal Safety. After getting to know someone online, you may choose to meet him or her in-person. If so, be careful and use common sense. Never meet someone in private for the first time; choose a public place, and take a friend.
- Privacy Settings. You can change your privacy settings at any time, including how you share your location information with other users. You should review these settings regularly.
- Deleting Your Account. You can edit or delete information that you upload to Hello Pal and you can delete your account, but you cannot recall or delete information that others have copied.
- Deleting Your Information and Content. If you are under the age of 18, you can request us to delete your posted information and content. To do so, send an email to email@example.com from the email address associated with your Hello Pal account requesting deletion. We make reasonable efforts to comply, but we cannot guarantee we will be able to delete all of your information everywhere from our systems.
- Location Information. We collect your location when you first register with Hello Pal.
- We do not “track” your location, but we do collect geo-location information from your device or browser when you log in or use Hello Pal, such as when you visit a particular feature that uses location. But we do not share your precise location with other users.
- Password. Store your password in a safe place, and do not share it with anyone. If you think someone has your password, you should change it immediately.
- Posting on Hello Pal. Posting personal information on public areas of Hello Pal will make it publicly available. The information you post or share with others may in turn be shared by them with still other users and it may also show up when someone uses a public search engine (even if that person is not a Hello Pal user). Do not post information in public areas of Hello Pal that you want to keep private.
- Third Parties. We are not responsible for (and don’t have any control over) the privacy policies of third party websites, apps and ad servers. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of each and every website and app you visit.
- Opting Out of Receiving Cookies. You may set your browser to block some or all cookies. However, Hello Pal might not fully function if you disable cookies. If you use multiple devices or computers, you will need to opt out of receiving cookies on each one. Also, if you change devices or computers you will need to repeat this opt-out process.
- Do Not Track Signals. Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” signals, but there are no uniform standards for this. We do not process or respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
III. Information We Collect
We collect different types of information about you and your activities. We collect information when you register, log into, and use Hello Pal, including the features you use, the pages and screens you visit, and the information you enter, such as chats. The specific examples in the following bullets are not meant to be exhaustive.
- We get and record information from your device or browser, including your mobile device identification (ADID, device ID, etc.), IP address, cookie and beacon information, and geographic location.
- Third Parties. When you download or register for Hello Pal by or through a third party platform we may also access and/or collect certain information from your third party platform account or by cookies placed on your device by such third party site. For example, if you create your Hello Pal account using Facebook, we may use the following information from Facebook to establish your Hello Pal account: your email address, hometown, gender, profile photo, date of birth, friends list and user ID.
IV. How We Use and Disclose the Information We Collect
We use and disclose your information in the following ways:
- To customize your experience on Hello Pal.
- To conduct research, including the numbers and types of visitors, and Hello Pal traffic.
- To develop and test new products and features, and improve our current ones.
- To find and fix technology problems.
- To contact you by email, text messaging, phone, autodialer or otherwise, including to invite you to participate in surveys and contests, and provide you updates and information about Hello Pal and our other products and services.
- Cookies and Beacons. We may set and access cookies and beacons on your device or computer to customize your experience. These files help us target advertising based on your activity.
- Cooperation with Law Enforcement. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials to enforce and comply with the law. We report proactively, and we may disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials in order to: (1) protect the safety and security of our users and members of the public or (2) satisfy subpoenas, court orders, or other governmental requests.
V. Data Security and Storage
We use industry standard security measures to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. However, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information. We may store all information that we collect indefinitely, but we do not promise to do so for any particular period of time.
Our Contact Information