It’s been a month since we launched Hello Pal, and today we’d like to announce the release of the latest version, v1.1!
Here are some of the new features in this new version (1.1.660) compared to 1.0.550:
- Add Note to your audio messages (SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS)
- Remove chats from the list of chats
- Ignore user (stop receiving notifications of messages from the user)
- “Local time” of Pal shown in Pal’s Profile
- When in text mode translation box, can switch directly to audio mode, and vice versa.
- New language UI now available in English, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Japanese, French, Korean, Spanish, Russian
- Do-Not-Disturb mode – can specify hours not to be disturbed by notifications
- Fixed confusion: In Settings, “Phrasebook Language” renamed as “Translation Language”, because this does not mean which language phrasebook you wish to use but language you wanted to translate the phrasebook into.
ADD NOTE – Be the most helpful Pal!
One feature we’d like to highlight is the ADD NOTE function which lets you be a great help to your pal. When you record a voice message, you can help your Pal understand what you just said by adding a note regarding what you just said.
For example, you could write out exactly what you just said, in text. This would especially help people who better with reading than with listening comprehension.
If you’re bilingual, you could even add a translation!
So instead of getting this:
Your Pal will get this: