Hello Pal: Talk to the World
Hello Pal International Inc.
Based in Hong Kong, China
Press / Business Contact:
Lappy Custodio (Vice President)
+852 2526 5105
KL Wong (Founder & CEO)
+1 (707) 336-2088
+1 (707) 682 9995
11F Hollywood Centre
77-91 Queen’s Road West,
Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
Hello Pal is a first of its kind social language learning app that allows users to easily find and talk to other people all over the world, in completely foreign languages, in just minutes: language learning app with a social twist!
Using Hello Pal’s unique combination of phrasebooks and translation tools integrated into its chat messaging system, language is no longer an obstacle to people all over the world communicating with each other, regardless of what language they speak.
Once downloaded, Hello Pal allows users to use its filtering and matching abilities to find people they are interested in talking to, based on criteria such as nationality, native language, and location. With the help of phrasebooks designed specifically for online chatting, users simply have to choose a phrase, listen to the professionally-recorded guide audio, record the phrase with their own voice, and send it to their chat partner.
Hello Pal is based on the principle that the best way to learn a language is where speaking comes first, and learning comes second. Whereas traditional methods of language learning require a person to first spend time learning language rules and memorizing vocabulary before actually using the language with others, Hello Pal encourages users to learn and speak, “on the go.”
Hello Pal is currently released for Android on Google Play, all major app stores in China, and at the iOS App Store.
Hello Pal International Inc. (“HPI”) was founded in 2013, comprised of an international team of people based in Hong Kong, China, Ukraine, and the US, and is a sister company to BrillKids Inc., creator of the multiple award-winning early childhood education programs such as Little Reader.
Hello Pal is the brainchild of KL Wong, who currently resides in Hangzhou, China. He graduated with a law degree from Cambridge University and has worked in the legal, business and finance sectors before starting his own business with BrillKids in the field of education. He is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese, and has a working knowledge of French and Malay. He is currently learning Japanese and Korean.
“One of our missions is to remove the language barrier between people that has existed through the centuries, therefore letting people understand each other better and bringing the world closer together,” said KL Wong, founder of Hello Pal.
One key difference between Hello Pal and other language learning apps is that the emphasis of the app is more about making new friends than it is about learning new languages.
However, Wong believes that ironically, this makes Hello Pal a more effective language learning tool. “Most people will agree that the key to success in learning a language is where we persist at it and not give up,” he said. “Hello Pal gives users a strong motivation to persist – being able to have fun socializing with others. It’s just that in our case, the socializing is done in a foreign language.”
Hello Pal Quick Tour
Hello Pal – The Basics
There are far more images available for Hello Pal, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
iPhone App Store Images
Android App Store Images
Logo & Icon
As featured in…
- Hello Pal – Talk to the World | A Review from Android and Me
- Awesome Travel Tip: Meeting Locals BEFORE You Travel | Two Monkeys Travel Group
- The Coolest Way To Learn Chinese: Hello Pal! | Travelling Weasels
- Hello Pal | A Review from Android Tapp
- Family Travel Gear: Free Language Learning App Review | A Family Travel Blog
- The World Just Got Smaller | A Feature from Steamfeed
- Android App of the Week – Hello Pal: Talk to the World | Intellectualapp Feature
- Hello Pal: Talk To The World (IOS & Android) | Studio Mosaic Feature
- Hello Pal: Talk to the World Android App Review | Give Me Apps
- Hello Pal для Android: учим язык и проверяем знания в чате с иностранцами
- Hello Pal | Find Apps Review
- Language-Learning Apps Become Popular | On the Pulse of Spain Article
- Cinco apps de Android y iPhone para aprender idiomas sin esfuerzo | La Vanguardia
- Hello Pal: The World is at your Fingertips (and Ready to Chat) | Android Apps Review
- Learn a foreign language with Hello Pal | App Review Central